Finance Committee Meeting – March 22, 2023
1. Call to Order
- a. Roll call of Members
2. Approve minutes from February 22, 2023 [Attachment 00.01] (Pg. 2)
3. Approve Order of Agenda
4. Approval of Bills [Attachment 00.02] (Pg. 5)
5. Finance Report [Attachment 01.00] (Pg. 14)
6. Executive Director Financial Report [Attachment 02.00] (Pg. 43)
7. Contracting Actions
- a. DA Board Approval Contract Actions [Attachment 03.00] (Pg. 50)
- i. JT Lawn Services – 2023 Services Agreement [Attachment 03.01] (Pg. 52)
8. Other Business
9. Next Meeting: April 26, 2023
FilesSee full packet
Attend This MeetingFargo City Hall Commission Chambers
225 4th St. North
Fargo, ND 58102 Get Directions
A regular meeting of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority Finance Committee was held on March 22, 2023. The following members were present: Bernie Dardis, Mayor, City of West Fargo; Dr. Tim Mahoney, Mayor, City of Fargo; Chad Peterson, Cass County Commissioner; Terri Gayhart, City of Fargo Finance Director; Lori Johnson, Clay County Auditor/Treasurer; Mike Redlinger, Administrator, City of Fargo; Dave Piepkorn, Fargo City Commissioner; Shelly Carlson, Mayor, City of Moorhead; Mike Rietz, City of Moorhead Assistant City Manager; Rick Steen, Cass County Joint Water Resource District and Brandy Madrigga, Cass County Finance Director.
Member(s) absent: no members were absent.
1. CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Dardis called the meeting to order at 4:00 PM. Roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
2. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE FEBRUARY 2023 MEETING
Mayor Mahoney moved to approve the minutes from the February 2023, meeting and Mr. Piepkorn seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
3. APPROVE ORDER OF AGENDA
Mayor Mahoney moved to approve the order of the agenda and Mayor Carlson seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
4. APPROVAL OF BILLS
Ms. Gayhart reported that $8,539,399 are the bills received through March 15, 2023, and are payable to the usual vendors, with Cass County Joint Water Resource District being the largest at $8,348,957. Additional bills include Ohnstad Twichell at $98,333, Clay County at $87,318 and Cass County at $4,789.
Mayor Mahoney moved to approve the bills as presented and Mayor Carlson seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT
Ms. Gayhart reported that we have $179,543,211 in assets, $210,457 in liabilities and the current net position is $179,332,754.
6. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr. Paulsen reported that our current revenue is $226,550,000, the current month income is $1,015,000 and the year-to-date total is $1,132,000.
The budget continues on track and MOUs remain the third largest expenditure to date. The operations budget also continues to track on target and there are no issues or concerns.
7. CONTRACTING ACTIONS
- a. DA Board Approval Contracting Action
Mr. Paulsen provided an overview of the following contracting action:
- New Services Agreement, Amendment 0 – This is a new services agreement for 2023 mowing and weed control services for Diversion Authority owned properties. An RFQ was sent to four companies for this work and two responses were received. JT Lawn Services was the lowest bidder for this work and completed this work for the Diversion Authority in 2022. JT Lawn Services & Landscaping, LLC – $69,600.MOTION PASSEDMayor Carlson moved to approve the contracting action as presented and Mr. Piepkorn seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
8. OTHER BUSINESS
There was no other business to report.
9. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be April 26, 2023.
The meeting adjourned at 4:09 PM.