Finance Committee Meeting – February 22, 2023
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
1. Call to Order
- a. Roll call of Members
2. Approve minutes from January 25, 2023 [Attachment 00.01] (Pg. 3)
3. Approve Order of Agenda
4. Approval of Bills [Attachment 00.02] (Pg. 6)
5. Finance Report [Attachment 01.00] (Pg. 19)
6. Executive Director Financial Report [Attachment 02.00] (Pg. 40)
7. 2023 Cash Budget Change Requests [Attachment 03.00] (Pg. 47)
- a. BCR-008 Recreational Grant Research Funding [Attachment 03.01] (Pg. 49)
- b. BCR-009 HMG TO 101 Budget [Attachment 03.02] (Pg. 50)
- c. BCR-010 HMG TO 102 Budget [Attachment 03.03] (Pg. 51)
8. Contracting Actions
- a. DA Board Approval Contract Actions [Attachment 04.00] (Pg. 52)
- i. Braun Intertec, Master Services Agreement-Revision 1 [Attachment 04.01] (Pg. 54)
- ii. HMG, TO 101 – Amendment 6 [Attachment 04.02] (Pg. 56)
9. Other Business
- a. BNSF Railway Land Acquisition Directive [Attachment 05.00] (Pg. 61)
10. Next Meeting: March 22, 2023
FilesSee full packet
Attend This MeetingFargo City Hall Commission Chambers
225 4th St. North
Fargo, ND 58102 Get Directions
Live Viewing Options
Turn your TV channel to Fargo 56 Live
Stream the meeting on The City of Fargo Youtube Channel.
701-296-6904 access code 4378
A regular meeting of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority Finance Committee was held on February 22, 2023. The following members were present: Bernie Dardis, Mayor, City of West Fargo; Dr. Tim Mahoney, Mayor, City of Fargo; Chad Peterson, Cass County Commissioner; Terri Gayhart, City of Fargo Finance Director; Lori Johnson, Clay County Auditor/Treasurer; Mike Redlinger, Administrator, City of Fargo; Dave Piepkorn, Fargo City Commissioner; Shelly Carlson, Mayor, City of Moorhead; Mike Rietz, City of Moorhead Assistant City Manager and Rick Steen, Cass County Joint Water Resource District.
Member absent: Brandy Madrigga, Cass County Finance Director.
1. CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Dardis called the meeting to order at 4:00 PM. Roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
2. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE JANUARY 2023 MEETING
Mayor Carlson moved to approve the minutes from the January 25, 2023, meeting and Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
3. APPROVE ORDER OF AGENDA
Mr. Peterson moved to approve the order of the agenda and Mayor Carlson seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
4. APPROVAL OF BILLS
Ms. Gayhart reported that $2,765,584 are the bills received through February 14, 2023, and are payable to the usual vendors, with Clay County being the largest at $1,205,608 and Cass County Water Resource District at $864,587.
Mr. Grindberg moved to approve the bills as presented and Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT
Ms. Gayhart reported that we currently have $182,035,895 in assets; $2,606,976 in liabilities and the current net position is $179,428,919.
Mr. Peterson moved to approve the financial report as presented and Mayor Carlson seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
6. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr. Paulsen reported that our current revenue is $226,550,000, and sales tax income for January is $7,115,000 from the City of Fargo and $3,569,000 from Cass County. Costs to date are $11,121,715, with the majority of expenses being in MOUs and City of Fargo projects. There was no reimbursement from CCJWRD in January.
7. 2023 CASH BUDGET CHANGE REQUESTS
- BCR008 adding program budget into the 2023 Cash Budget for recreational grant research – $30,000.
After lengthy discussion, Mr. Grindberg moved to table item BCR008 until there is additional clarification regarding the request and bring that information to the full Board for discussion. Mr. Peterson seconded the motion and on a roll call vote, the motion carried with Mayor Mahoney and Mr. Piepkorn voting nay.
- BCR009 adding program budget into the 2023 Cash Budget for HMG TO 101, Amendment 6 – $2,176,935.
- BCR010 adding program budget into the 2023 Cash Budget for HMG TO 102, Amendment 4 – $269,100.
Mr. Grindberg moved to approve items BCR009 and BCR010 and Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
8. CONTRACTING ACTIONS
a. DA Board Approval Contracting Actions
Mr. Paulsen provided an overview of the following contracting actions:
- MSA 2023 – Revision 1 – This revision is to update the MSA to resolve audit findings. The main content has not changed with the exception of minor updates in the wording of the MSA. Braun Intertec – 0.00.
- TO 101, Amendment 6 – This amendment includes balancing the 2022 budget by the amount of fee appropriated but not expended in FY 2022; additional scope for utility relocation design and coordination; additional scope for P3 design review and comment; additional scope and budget for water well drill contractor; additional budget for 2025-2026 facility plans for SRF Clean Water Loan application; and added budget for the OHB project to include the scopes for WP-43B. HMG-$2,861,391.49.
Mayor Carlson moved to approve both contracting actions as presented and Mr. Grindberg seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
9. OTHER BUSINESS
a. BNSF Railway Land Acquisition Directive
Mr. Bakkegard provided an overview and summary of LAD-ND-00077:
The acquisition of property rights on the following properties are recommended and directed. These
properties are impacted by the Project and are needed for construction and operation. This LAD authorizes
the CCJWRD to acquire the property rights for the following Storm Water Diversion Channel and Associated
Infrastructure properties. The acquisition of these properties is expected to be completed in 2023.
1236A LAND BNSF Railway
1236B LAND BNSF Railway
NA LAND BNSF Railway – Tracts F and G from attached certificates of survey
Property Acquisition Budget for above listed OINs: $1,234,500.00*
*Includes purchase price of $1,232,000.000 and administrative fee of $2,500.00.
Mr. Peterson moved to approve the LAD as presented, and Ms. Gayhart seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
10. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be March 22, 2023.
The meeting adjourned at 4:54 PM.