FM Diversion Board Of Authority Meeting – March 24, 2022
1. Call to Order
- a. Roll Call of Members
2. Approve minutes from February 24, 2022 [Attachment 00.01] (Pg. 3)
3. Approve Order of Agenda
CONSENT AGENDA – APPROVE THE FOLLOWING:
- a. Finance Report [Attachment 01.00] (Pg. 7)
- b. Voucher Approval [Attachment 02.00] (Pg. 33)
- c. DA Board Approval Contract Actions [Attachment 03.00] (Pg. 39)
- i. Marco, New Services Agreement [Attachment 03.01] (Pg. 41)
- ii. CCEC, Task Order 02 Amendment 0 [Attachment 03.02] (Pg. 84)
- iii. Flint Communications, New Services Agreement [Attachment 03.03] (Pg. 92)
- d. DA Board Approval 2022 Cash Budget Changes – Nothing for Approval
- e. DA Board Approval MOU and Agreement Actions [Attachment 04.00] (Pg. 125)
- i. Moorhead Public Services & MFDA MOU for DCAI [Attachment 04.01] (Pg. 128)
- ii. Dickey Rural Networks & MFDA Utility Installation Agreement [Attachment 04.02] (Pg. 173)
- iii. Berlin Township & MFDA MOU for DCAI [Attachment 04.03] (Pg. 214)
- iv. City of Christine & MFDA MOU [Attachment 04.04] (Pg. 247)
- v. Cass County & MFDA MOU re. Human Resources [Attachment 04.05] (Pg. 283)
4. Executive Director Report [Attachment 05.00] (Pg. 385)
5. General Counsel Update
6. USACE Project Update – No Update
7. Public Outreach Update
- a. Public Outreach Update [Attachment 06.00] (Pg. 387)
8. Land Management Updates
- a. Property Acquisition Status Report [Attachment 07.00] (Pg. 390)
9. Finance Update
10. Other Business
- a. Program Information Points
11. Next Meeting: April 28, 2022
FilesSee full packet
Attend This MeetingFargo City Hall Commission Chambers
225 4th St. North
Fargo, ND 58102 Get Directions
A regular meeting of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority Board of Authority was held on March 24, 2022. The following members were present: Chad Peterson, Cass County Commissioner; Bernie Dardis, Mayor, City of West Fargo; Dr. Tim Mahoney, Mayor, City of Fargo; Shelly Carlson, Mayor, City of Moorhead; Chuck Hendrickson, Moorhead City Council; David Ebinger, Clay County Commissioner; John Strand, Fargo City Commissioner; Kevin Campbell, Clay County Commissioner; Mary Scherling, Cass County Commissioner; Rick Steen, Cass County Commissioner and Rodger Olson, Cass County Joint Water Resource District.
Members absent: Dave Piepkorn, Fargo City Commissioner and Larry Seljevold, Moorhead City Council.
- CALL TO ORDER
Mr. Peterson called the meeting to order at 3:31 PM. Roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
- APPROVE MINUTES FROM FEBRUARY 2022
Mayor Carlson moved to approve the minutes from the February 2022 meeting and Mrs. Scherling seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
- APPROVE ORDER OF AGENDA
Mr. Ebinger moved to approve the order of the agenda as presented and Mayor Carlson seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
Mr. Campbell moved to approve the consent agenda and Mr. Hendrickson seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REPORT
Mr. Paulsen provided the following current events update:
Media Highlights & Events
- Kris Bakkegard and Jason Benson presented at the ND Transportation Conference on March 2, 2022
- John Shockley and Joel Paulsen presented at the P3 Conference on March 15, 2022
- Flowage Easement Public Meetings held March 14-16 and March 21 & 22, 2022
- Groundbreaking ceremony for DCAI tentatively scheduled for June 28, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
Major Project Accomplishments
- Received the Water P3 Deal of the year award on March 3, 2022
- Received the IJ Global Award for Public Project of the Year on March 17, 2022
- NTP1 issued on February 28, 2022
- Kickoff workshop held on February 22, 2022
- NTP2 is estimated for June 2022
- On schedule to award Red River Structure project in March 2022
- Drain 27 bids received
- Drayton Dam and SEAI Reach SE-2A projects out for bid and due in April 2022
- Starting design of SEAI reaches SE-4 and SE-5 in Minnesota
5. GENERAL COUNSEL UPDATE
Mr. Shockley did not have anything new to report.
6. USACE SAFETY BRIEFING AND PROJECT UPDATE
Mr. Paulsen provided a brief update in the executive director report.
7.PUBLIC OUTREACH UPDATE
Mr. Olson reported that the committee did not meet but five informational open houses were held for landowners with good turnout.
Ms. Willson provided the following update on the public outreach/communication efforts:
- Operations Video
- Construction Update
- Drone footage of first DIS gate deliveries
- Authority page updated
- Media kit added
- Discovery session for new site
PR: International awards release
Collateral Materials: DRB recruitment
- P3 Conference & Expo
- Flowage Easement public meetings
Videos: Land Agent profiles
Social Media: 2009 flood crest commemoration
- P3 Water Summit panel presentation
- WTOC update
- NDSU classes
Research: Preliminary meetings with partners and NDSU for labor/housing study Message Map: Acquisition prices
Crisis Communications Plan: In final review
8. LAND MANAGEMENT UPDATES
Mrs. Scherling provided the following land activities and achievements update:
- Offer letters sent and negotiations starting for flowage easements on 361 parcels in UMA
- Continue working on acquiring Structures and Structure Sites in UMA, and Environmental
- Acquired property interests on over 760 parcels (including those acquired via last resort eminent domain, and including split parcels)
- Appraisal Work
- Appraisals ongoing for Upstream Structures (farmsteads, rural residential, etc.)
- Phase 2 Flowage Easement Appraisals approved by CCJWRD and MCCJPA in February 2022
- Appraisal work will be started for SE-2B in April
- Other Key Focus Areas
- Five open house, informational meetings held for upstream property owners (March 14-22)
- Supporting current eminent domain actions and settlement solutions
- Relocations and farmstead re-establishment planning
- 2022 farmland lease agreements
Mr. Campbell reported that a couple of flowage easements and differential payments were approved and farmland leases for 2022 are currently being reviewed. One appraisal and one housing relocation was approved, and one landowner was granted a haying license.
Mr. Olson reported that one business re-establishment and one offer of just compensation were approved and the RIMP loan process continues to move forward. Mr. Olson stated that he would like to continue utilizing land trades whenever possible.
9. FINANCE UPDATE
Mayor Dardis reported that all the contracting actions that were presented were approved and that we remain in a strong financial position.
Mayor Dardis and Dr. Mahoney extended their gratitude to Mr. Costin for his years of service to the city and the finance committee and wished him well upon his retirement.
10. OTHER BUSINESS
Mr. Paulsen reported that the talking points have been updated for this quarter.
11. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will April 28, 2022.
Mr. Campbell moved to adjourn, and Mayor Carlson seconded the motion. The meeting adjourned at 4:01 PM.