Finance Committee Meeting – March 23, 2022
1. Call to Order
- a. Roll call of Members
2. Approve minutes from February 23, 2022 [Attachment 00.01] (Pg. 3)
3. Approve order of Agenda
4. Approval of Bills [Attachment 00.02] (Pg. 5)
5. Finance Report [Attachment 01.00] (Pg. 11)
6. Executive Director Financial Report [Attachment 02.00] (Pg. 37)
7. Contracting Actions [Attachment 03.00] (Pg. 44)
- a. DA Board Approval Contract Actions
- i. Marco, New Services Agreement [Attachment 03.01] (Pg. 46)
- ii. CCEC, Task Order 02 Amendment 0 [Attachment 03.02] (Pg. 89)
- iii. Flint Communications, New Services Agreement [Attachment 03.03] (Pg. 97)
- b. DA Board Approval 2022 Cash Budget Changes – Nothing for Approval
8. Other Business
- a. DA Board Approved MOU and Agreement Actions [Attachment 04.00] (Pg. 130)
- i. Moorhead Public Services & MFDA MOU for DCAI [Attachment 04.01] (Pg. 133)
- ii. Dickey Rural Networks & MFDA Utility Installation Agreement [Attachment 04.02] (Pg. 178)
- iii. Berlin Township & MFDA MOU for DCAI [Attachment 04.03] (Pg. 219)
- iv. City of Christine & MFDA MOU [Attachment 04.04] (Pg. 252)
- v. Cass County & MFDA MOU re. Human Resources [Attachment 04.05] (Pg. 288)
- b. Program Information Points
9. Next meeting: April 27, 2022
Attend This MeetingFargo City Hall Commission Chambers
225 4th St. North
Fargo, ND 58102 Get Directions
A regular meeting of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority Finance committee was held on March 23, 2022. The following members were present: Bernie Dardis, Mayor, City of West Fargo; Dr. Tim Mahoney, Mayor, City of Fargo; Chad Peterson, Cass County Commissioner; Dan Jacobson, Chairman, Cass County Joint Water Resource District; Kent Costin, City of Fargo Finance Director; Lori Johnson, Clay County Auditor/Treasurer; Mike Redlinger, City of Fargo Assistant Administrator; Rick Steen, Cass County Commissioner and Brandy Madrigga, Cass County Finance Director.
Members absent: Dave Piepkorn, Fargo City Commissioner; Shelly Carlson, Mayor, City of Moorhead and Mike Rietz, City of Moorhead Assistant City Manager.
1. CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Dardis called the meeting to order at 4:00 PM. Roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
2. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE FEBRUARY 2022 MEETING
Dr. Mahoney moved to approve the minutes from the February 2022, meeting and Mr. Steen seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
3. APPROVE ORDER OF AGENDA
Dr. Mahoney moved to approve the order of the agenda and Mr. Steen seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
4. APPROVAL OF BILLS
Mr. Costin reported that $254,903.55 are the bills payable through March 16, 2022.
Dr. Mahoney moved to approve the bills as presented by Mr. Costin and Mr. Steen seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
Dr. Mahoney announced that Mr. Costin will be retiring on April 1st and thanked him for his years of service, hard work and dedication to the project.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr. Costin reported that $788,140,988 is the grand total spent to date and our net position is $102,869,898.
Mr. Costin also reported that funds are available to be drawn from the Bank of North Dakota upon submission of a summary of expenses. Mr. Costin made a recommendation that funds be drawn from the Bank of North Dakota as well as the legislative funds to avoid any criticism of the funds not being accessed equally.
Dr. Mahoney moved to approve the financial report as presented and Mr. Costin’s recommendation to draw equally from the Bank of North Dakota and legislative funds and Mr. Steen seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
6. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr. Paulsen provided a report of the annual revenue status, budget report out and budget summary. The majority of expenses continue to be in engineering, legal and administrative. To date, $780 million has been spent and we continue to track on budget.
7. CONTRACTING ACTIONS
Mr. Paulsen provided an overview of the following contracting actions:
Services Agreement – IT Services – IT Services for the new MFDA Office Marco $63,287.72
Task Order 02, Amendment 0 – Utility Relocations for the Diversion Inlet Structure and Drain 27 Cass County Electric Coop $427,900.00
Services Agreement – Consulting Services – Website Design and Development and Media Monitoring for the FM Diversion Project Flint Group, LLC $80,300.00
Dr. Mahoney moved to approve the contracting actions as presented and Mr. Steen seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
2022 CASH BUDGET CHANGES
There were no cash budget changes for approval.
8. OTHER BUSINESS
a. MOUs and Agreement Actions
Mr. Shockley provided an overview and summary outlining the purpose and necessity for the following MOUs and utility agreement:
i. Moorhead Public Service Commission & MFDA MOU for DCAI
ii. Dickey Rural Networks & MFDA Utility Installation Agreement for DCAI
iii. Berlin Township & MFDA MOU for DCAI
iv. City of Christine & MFDA MOU for Mitigation – Flood Control Project
v. Cass County & MFDA MOU for Human Resources Services
Dr. Mahoney moved to approve the MOUs and agreement that were presented by Mr. Shockley and Mr. Steen seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
b. Program Information Points
Mr. Paulsen reported that the informational points have been updated for this quarter.
9. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be April 27, 2022.
The meeting adjourned at 4:21 PM.