U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Monthly Update
See the PDF of the Update
1 Diversion Inlet Structure Construction
Structure includes 3-50 ft. wide Tainter gates. The current construction completion date is 7 June 2023. Anticipated remaining schedule:
- 2020: Foundations/site work, control structure.
- 2021: Concrete piers/abutments, control building.
- 2022: Install bridge deck, gates, and operating machinery.
- 2023: Paint gates, seed.
- 2024: Turf established.
2 Wild Rice River Structure Construction
Structure includes 2-40 ft. wide Tainter gates. Construction began in May 2020 with site preparation and excavation. The required construction completion is October 2023
3 Red River Structure Design
Structure includes 2-50 ft. wide Tainter gates. Physical model (1:40 scale) is scheduled to be back up and running by 8 June and will be used to test a number of design alternatives. The design remains on schedule. The 35% plans and specs review by the DA is complete and the 65% review is scheduled to begin in October 2020. Final plans and specs are scheduled to be completed in September 2021.
4 Southern Embankment – Reach SE-1 (Western Tieback)
The 95% design for the Western Tieback will be provided for DA and agency technical review on 12 June 2020. Final plans and specs are scheduled to be available late July 2020. Construction contract award could be delayed until 2nd quarter FY21 due to delays in land acquisition.
5 Southern Embankment – Reach SE-2A
Detailed design is commencing and we anticipate having final plans and specifications by November 2021. Rock Island District is assisting with design for Reaches SE-2A, SE-2B and SE-4.
6 I-29 Raise Design
Being designed by Houston Moore Group (HMG) and constructed by the Corps. The 90% design review is scheduled to begin on 22 June 2020. Final plans and specifications are scheduled to be available late September 2020.
7 Drain 27 Wetland Mitigation Project Design
The 35% design review is scheduled to begin in August 2020. A meeting with potentially impacted landowners was held 30 April 2020.
- Construction Update – Diversion Inlet & Control Structure and Wild Rice River Control Structure — May 27, 2020
- USACE Awards $59 Million Contract to Build Wild Rice River Control Structure — November 28, 2019
- Sen. John Hoeven Reviews Inlet Construction — August 25, 2020
- USACE Monthly Update – November 2019 — November 22, 2019