U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Monthly Update
See the PDF of the Update
1 Diversion Inlet Structure Construction
Structure includes 3-50 ft. wide Tainter gates. The current construction completion date is 7 June 2023. Anticipated remaining schedule:
- 2020: Foundations/site work, control structure, dam walls.
- 2021: Concrete piers/abutments, control building.
- 2022: Install bridge deck, gates, and operating machinery.
- 2023: Paint gates, seed.
- 2024: Turf established.
2 Wild Rice River Structure Construction
Structure includes 2-40 ft. wide Tainter gates. Construction began in May 2020. Excavation and west dam embankment construction continues. The required construction completion is October 2023
3 Red River Structure Design
Structure includes 2-50 ft. wide Tainter gates. Physical model (1:40 scale) is back up and running and is being used to test a number of design alternatives. The design remains on schedule. The 35% plans and specs review by the DA is complete and the 65% review is scheduled to begin in October 2020. Final plans and specs are scheduled to be completed in September 2021.
4 Southern Embankment – Reach SE-1 (Western Tieback)
The 95% design for the Western Tieback will be provided for DA and agency technical review on 6 July 2020. Final plans and specs are scheduled to be available September 2020. Construction contract award could be delayed until 2nd quarter FY21 due to delays in land acquisition.
5 Southern Embankment – Reach SE-2A
Detailed design is commencing and we anticipate having final plans and specifications by November 2021. Rock Island District is assisting with design for Reaches SE-2A, SE-2B and SE-4.
6 I-29 Raise Design
Being designed by Houston Moore Group (HMG) and constructed by the Corps. The 90% design review began on 22 June 2020. Final plans and specifications are scheduled to be available late September-October 2020.
7 Drain 27 Wetland Mitigation Project Design
The 35% design review is scheduled to begin in August 2020. An Environmental Assessment will be conducted which includes public involvement and comment period in July 2020.
- Construction Update – Diversion Inlet & Control Structure and Wild Rice River Control Structure — May 27, 2020
- USACE FY 2020 Work Plan Provides $100 Million for Project — February 10, 2020
- USACE Awards $59 Million Contract to Build Wild Rice River Control Structure — November 28, 2019
- Interstate 29 Road Raise Project Ready for Construction — November 3, 2020 https://fmdiversion.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/I-29-Project-Map.png