Metro Flood Diversion Authority Public Outreach Committee Meeting Minutes
February 23, 2022
Public Outreach Meeting Minutes
A regular meeting of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority Public Outreach committee was held on February 23, 2022. The following members were present: Bernie Dardis, Mayor, City of West Fargo; David Ebinger, Clay County Commissioner; Jake Gust, Cass County Joint Water Resource District; Jim Kapitan, Cass County Commissioner; Kevin Campbell, Clay County Commissioner; Rodger Olson, Cass County Joint Water Resource District; Larry Seljevold, Moorhead City Council and John Strand, Fargo City Commissioner.
Members absent: Gerald VanAmburg, BRRW Manager; Katherine Grindberg, Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chambers and Rick Steen, Cass County Commissioner.
1. MEETING TO ORDER
Mr. Olson called the meeting to order at 2:00 PM. Roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM THE JANUARY 2022 MEETING
Mr. Strand moved to approve the minutes from January 2022 and Mr. Campbell seconded the motion. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
3. APPROVE ORDER OF AGENDA
Mr. Kapitan moved to approve the order of the agenda and Mr. Gust seconded the motion. On a roll call vote, the motion carried.
4. MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
Mr. Paulsen provided the following media highlights:
- The Forum: Editorial –IIJA Funding
- The Forum: Article on land acquisition and compensation
- Governor Burgum’s State of the State: MFDA mention
- Grand Farm Grant Announcement: MFDA mention
- News & Views with Joel Heitkamp –Lands Program
- Down the Road with Joel Heitkamp –Lands Program (2 shows)
- What’s On Your Mind? with Scott Hennen –IIJA Funding
5. CURRENT AND UPCOMING COMMUNICATION EFFORTS
Mr. Paulsen provided an update on the upcoming 2022 communication activities:
- ND Transportation Conference Presentation – March 1-2
- IJGlobal Awards – March 13
- NDSU Class Presentations
- Contracts & Specs – March 21
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering – March 25
- WTOC Update – March 22
- P3 Water Summit Presentation – April 7-8
6. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on March 23, 2022, at 2 PM.
Mr. Kapitan moved, and Mr. Campbell seconded to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 2:32 PM.