North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple has signed legislation which includes $69 million in appropriation for the FM Area Diversion Project for the next fiscal year. Senate Bill 2020 (SB2020) is the legislation that carries the Governor’s budget for the State Water Commission and contains funding for water projects across the State.
The Diversion Project previously received $175 million from legislative appropriations. This year’s funding allocation for $69 million is consistent with the legislative commitment and schedule made last session to provide a total of $450 million from the State. In addition, SB2020 includes legislative intent to provide an additional $206 million in future sessions for area flood protection, including the Diversion Project.
SB 2020 also:
- Provides the City of Fargo with an additional $120 million for internal flood projects ($60 million this session and $60 million in future sessions)
- Calls on the State to work with the Diversion Authority and North Dakota State University to continue and expand their efforts to study the impact on crop production
- Diversion Authority Finance Committee and Board Chair recognize Sen. John Hoeven for Efforts to Move Low-Interest Project Funding Forward — May 7, 2020
- USACE FY 2020 Work Plan Provides $100 Million for Project — February 10, 2020
- Agreement Reached to End Lawsuits and Compensate for Impacts from the Fargo-Moorhead Area Diversion Project — October 26, 2020
- Sen. John Hoeven Reviews Inlet Construction — August 25, 2020