North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple has signed legislation which includes $69 million in appropriation for the FM Area Diversion Project for the next fiscal year. Senate Bill 2020 (SB2020) is the legislation that carries the Governor’s budget for the State Water Commission and contains funding for water projects across the State.
The Diversion Project previously received $175 million from legislative appropriations. This year’s funding allocation for $69 million is consistent with the legislative commitment and schedule made last session to provide a total of $450 million from the State. In addition, SB2020 includes legislative intent to provide an additional $206 million in future sessions for area flood protection, including the Diversion Project.
SB 2020 also:
- Provides the City of Fargo with an additional $120 million for internal flood projects ($60 million this session and $60 million in future sessions)
- Calls on the State to work with the Diversion Authority and North Dakota State University to continue and expand their efforts to study the impact on crop production
- ND Bonding Bill Ensures Commitment to FM Area Diversion Project — January 20, 2021
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 2021 Work Plan Includes $115 Million Appropriation for FM Area Diversion Project — January 21, 2021
- Agreement Reached to End Lawsuits and Compensate for Impacts from the Fargo-Moorhead Area Diversion Project — October 26, 2020
- Sen. John Hoeven Reviews Inlet Construction — August 25, 2020