Presented for the Sept. 26, 2019, Diversion Board of Authority meeting.
Sept. 2019 Update from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Diversion Inlet Structure Construction
Ames has been excavating the site to grade as weather allows. The pile load test is scheduled to begin mid-to-late October. The current construction completion date is June 2023. Schedule:
- 2019: Dewatering, test pile program, complete channel excavation.
- 2020: Foundations/site work.
- 2021: Concrete piers/abutments. Control building.
- 2022: Install bridge deck, gates, and operating machinery.
- 2023: Paint gates, seed.
- 2024: Turf established.
Wild Rice River Structure Construction
The Request for Proposals (RFP) was issued on 22 July 2019. Proposals were received 11 September. Contract award is anticipated in November 2019. Required construction completion is October 2023. Structure includes 2-40 ft. wide tainter gates.
Red River Structure Design
Construction of the physical model (1:40 scale) remains on schedule at USACE ERDC Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, Vicksburg, MS and will be complete by 18 October (see reverse). Completion of alternatives testing is scheduled to be NLT June 2020 and final reports due August 2020. The 35% plans and specs are due February 2020; the overall design schedule is dependent on physical model results and continues to be developed. Structure includes 3-50 ft. wide tainter gates.
Southern Embankment – Plan B Design
Detailed design, incorporating the Plan B alignment, is ongoing. Geotechnical borings have commenced and will continue as additional access is secured by the Diversion Authority. 35% design for the Western Tieback will be completed in October 2019. Construction contract award scheduled for late FY2020.
Cultural Resources Mitigation – Diversion Channel Sites
Completing further investigations of two archaeological sites along the Diversion Channel. Field work under Task Order 2 has been delayed due to weather, began this week and is anticipated to be completed by 1 November.
Natural Resource Agency Meeting – 3 October 2019
Quarterly meeting to be held with our natural resource agency partners.
Division Commander MG Toy Visit – 16 October 2019
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 2021 Work Plan Includes $115 Million Appropriation for FM Area Diversion Project — January 21, 2021
- Construction Update – Diversion Inlet & Control Structure and Wild Rice River Control Structure — May 27, 2020
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to Conduct Geomorphic Surveys in the Fargo-Moorhead area — August 10, 2020 https://fmdiversion.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/BioGeo2-225×300.png
- Interstate 29 Road Raise Project Ready for Construction — November 3, 2020 https://fmdiversion.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/I-29-Project-Map.png