• Post category:Glossary

The member entities of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority are required to obtain flowage easements within the UMA.

A flowage easement provides the legal ability to inundate property as part of the operation of the Project. Value of a flowage easement on an individual property would follow the Federal/United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) process and would be determined by appraisal. Factors that would be considered are depth, duration, frequency of additional flooding, and the highest and best use of the property. USACE policy defines a flowage easement as a one-time payment made at the time that the easement is acquired.