Legal representatives for the Flood Diversion Board of Authority filed motions today to dismiss all of the remaining claims in the federal litigation brought by the Richland/Wilkin JPA. The suit by the JPA was originally brought against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The judge had previously dismissed all claims against the Corps and three of the five claims against the Diversion Authority. Each party will also file briefs responding to the others later this month, and no hearing on the motion is currently scheduled.
“We are continuing to work with both North Dakota and Minnesota, and the Corps of Engineers, to provide permanent flood protection for the Fargo-Moorhead metro area and are confident that we have developed a project that does just that,” said Fargo Mayor Tim Mahoney said. “The legal process can be confusing and circular, but we remain confident and are hoping for a swift resolution of the few outstanding issues that remain”
- Agreement Reached to End Lawsuits and Compensate for Impacts from the Fargo-Moorhead Area Diversion Project — October 26, 2020
- Diversion Authority and MCCJPA ask City of Moorhead to Assist in Obtaining Five Property Easements — April 28, 2020
- Case Heard in Becker County; Record to be Prepared — December 17, 2019
- Update provided to ND Water Topics Overview Committee — December 11, 2019