Residents of Oxbow, Hickson, Bakke, and Pleasant Township are invited to attend upcoming Community Meetings regarding the Fargo-Moorhead Metro Area Diversion project. Three meetings have been scheduled as follows:
- March 27 @ 6:30 p.m. for residents of the City of Oxbow
- March 29 @ 6:30 p.m. for residents of Hickson, Bakke, and Pleasant Township
- April 3 @ 6:30 p.m. for commercial businesses in the Oxbow/Hickson area
All meetings will be held at the Hickson Community Center in Hickson, ND.
These meetings have been organized to provide residents with an update on the project, including an explanation of proposed impacts. The meetings will include a brief introduction, project overview presentation, and topic-focused stations throughout the center. The topic-focused stations will allow residents to ask questions and discuss specific issues related to the project. Representatives from the Flood Diversion Authority and their Program Management Consultant team will be at the meeting and be available for questions and discussion.
This informational meeting is intended to help everyone further understand the project details and provide answers. Attendees are asked to bring questions aimed at facilitating a constructive discussion.
Please note these meetings are for residents or businesses in the listed specific area only. More meetings will focus on other areas in the future.
- ND State Engineer Approves Mitigation Plan for FM Area Diversion Project; Document outlines how Project will Mitigate Impacted Properties — June 2, 2020
- CLOMR Community Notification — July 22, 2020
- BRRWD grants permit for FM Area Diversion Project — November 6, 2020
- Interstate 29 Road Raise Project Ready for Construction — November 3, 2020 https://fmdiversion.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/I-29-Project-Map.png