NDSU Ag Impacts Studies
- March 2020: NDSU Presentation About Assessment of the Agricultural Risk of Temporary Water Storage for FM Diversion
- Expanded Geographic Assessment of the Agriculture Risk of Temporary Water Storage for the FM Area Diversion Project – NDSU Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report
- Doc date: September 1, 2016
- Editor’s note: The Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics at NDSU refined the initial study to include lands along rivers and tributaries and additional lands further upstream of the embankment since the hydrology data associated with water storage in these areas was now available.
- Initial Assessment of the Agricultural Risk of Temporary Water Storage for FM Diversion
- Doc Date: October 1, 2015
- Editor’s note: The Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics at NDSU completed a study to address potential effects of temporary water storage on agricultural production resulting from the use of the FM Diversion Project. The study aims to gain insights on flooding duration, variability of those effects based on land elevation and flood size and the expected timeline for these effects.
- Evaluation of Agricultural Risk Management Options for the FM Area Diversion Project
- Doc Date: March 1, 2014
- Editor’s notes: Watts and Associates, Inc. was engaged by the FM Area Diversion Project to develop a summary of available options for mitigating risk or provided specific approaches to compensate for agricultural production within the anticipated footprint of the upstream water retention area.
Crown Appraisals phase 1 report
- View the Presentation about the report given to the Land Management Committee on Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018.
- View the Phase 1 Report
- Watch the meeting
Supplemental Crop Loss Program summary (from PRAM Plan)
Federal Crop Insurance Data Sheet
Doc date: April 5, 2011
Editor’s notes: Letter received from USDA-RMA regarding impacts and coverage under the Federal Crop Insurance program for areas that would be affected by the FM Diversion Project specific to those areas that would be staging water upstream.
Doc date: estimate May 1, 2011
Editor’s notes: Summary provides brief overview of Crop Insurance speaking points for water containment and diversion projects.
- Project Update – May 2019 — May 31, 2019
- USACE Awards $59 Million Contract to Build Wild Rice River Control Structure — November 28, 2019
- Moorhead, Clay County form Joint Powers Authority to Support Implementation of the FM Area Diversion Project — August 15, 2019
- Case Heard in Becker County; Record to be Prepared — December 17, 2019